I adore my two pups. Yes, they are pretty cute and hilarious creatures but they also make me look at life from a different angle.
What we can learn from (sausage) dogs:
1. Take a nanna nap more often – relaxation should be taken more seriously
2. Snuggle more – find yourself a great snuggle companion for those cold winter nights
3. Be opportunistic – whether it’s a human’s sock or a piece of vegetable that accidentally makes it down to the floor, make use of opportunities that present themselves
4. Recycle more – empty toilet rolls and milk containers make the best toys!
5. Eat more protein – rats and birds are good protein sources too…
6. Be excited to see your loved ones – even if they’ve just gone to the loo
7. Eat more herbs – they also make a comfy day bed in a sunny spot
8. Get excited about the idea of exercising – any walk has the potential to turn into an adventure
9. Smell the roses – and eat them!
10. Don’t get embarrassed – when you fall out of bed, just pretend nothing happened and crawl back in
Photography: Amy Ellmers
The Brisbane Dachshunds (and their humans) all got together last weekend for a belated Easter meet-up.
Around 70 sausages attended the party and we even had our own version of Wiener races. Although the snags didn’t fully understand the concept – why running if there is no food involved? – both sausages and humans enjoyed a great day in the park.
On top of it, we raised over $1,000 for Dachshund Rescue Australia. Good times!
Last week marked a very special week for a couple of different reasons.
Firstly, our little boy turned 2, which now makes him a teenager (we are already wondering when he’s starting to bring some lovely lady daxies home…).
Secondly, it’s also been a year since we adopted him. While his fur sister wasn’t overly wrapped about losing her only child status at the time, they have since become good buddies. With winter just around the corner – in the Southern Hemisphere anyway – watch this space for some serious dachshund snuggling photos…
Muuuum, stop taking photos and give me that cake!
Happy Easter holidays from Mac & Clara!
Stay safe and remember not to feed us any chocolates – even though we might trick you into believing that we are on the verge of starving.
Mac has a new obsession. First it was the squeaker, now it is…the duster!
What else would you do on a rainy day if you were a naughty and slightly bored dachshund?!!
I’m always amazed to see how the little (and inexpensive) things in life can occupy them for hours.
Now, this leaves me wondering who is going to be cleaning up the mess that has been dragged into various rooms of the house?
Last weekend Aussie hubby and I did some bathroom renovations. Mac and Clara took a keen interest in supervising the site (read: snoozing on the materials and tools and generally being under our feet).
Got my tools, Dad. What can I assist you with?
We figured it was a good time now for some cuddles?!
This whole renovating business is making me a little tired…
I’m on a break Mum. Really deserve this coffee after supervising Dad all day!
Happy Valentine’s Day to all the dachshund ladies out there!